Friday, April 6, 2012

Another One?

Why would anyone need yet another blog? I can hear you asking that, and I totally get it. But I ask in return, how well would it work for you, if you washed, dried, and folded your laundry, then just dumped it all willy-nilly into whatever dresser drawer was closest?

In a moment of painful honesty, let me say that the above system would be a step up for my darling children. They like to drop their stacks of freshly folded laundry on the nearest space of open floor. On one memorable occasion, I handed Damon a stack of clean clothes from where I had just folded them on my bed. A few minutes later, I found them. FOUR FEET outside my bedroom door, he had set them on top of a hamper full of dirty clothes on its way to the laundry room. That may have been some kind of record. 

Just as I like to be able to reach into any drawer in the dark, and know exactly where to find what I'm looking for, I want my blog posts to be as organized as possible. I am a disorganized person trying to become an organized person, and every little bit helps! Not only that, but the ongoing subject of intercessory prayer deserves its own uninterrupted space.

To make it easier for you, I'm going to link all my blogs to each other. That way, all you have to do is look at one blog, and you'll be able to see if any of the others have new posts or updates. Look along the right-hand side, near the post list, and you'll see what I mean. 

After recently re-re-re-re-re-reading Celeste perrino Walker's Prayer Warriors trilogy, I have been inspired to take up the torch of intercessory prayer again - and keep it this time. I've already had several specific answers, and it's been just barely over a week. One of my first prayers, also inspired by the trilogy, was for God to give me a mission outpost to pray for. I had never asked for this before, and don't generally notice anything to do with specific missions. And yet, a day or two later, a mission post appeared on my Facebook news feed, for an African mission that's under heavy attack. It's in Tchad, a country right next to the fictional mission in the books. Here are a few posts you'll be interested in. 





Another answer to prayer was that my last remaining grandmother died this morning. She's suffered from a series of disasters, most recently landing in the hospital with diverticulitis. She had a blood transfusion, then bled it all out within a couple of hours. They didn't expect her to live through the night, yet somehow, by the next morning, she was sitting up in bed eating breakfast. (Hereditary stubbornness? I don't know what you're talking about.) Released to hospice, she nonetheless faced terrible suffering if she lived. I prayed that God would give her rest and relief, in whatever form was best. I'm so thankful that He heard my prayer, and she's sleeping in peace now.

So here's your second assignment. What do you mean? Of COURSE you're part of the prayer team! And yes, the mission is the first assignment. Jack got a call from a friend of ours named Simeon. He's asking for prayer for his father, who suddenly collapsed today and had to be rushed to the hospital.

There's so much to learn about praying for others, and I look forward to journeying with you toward a deeper and more personal bond withe the God of the universe. For tonight, I'll leave you with this thought. 

Hebrews 4
 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Join me as we boldly approach the throne of the universe. Boldly not because of who or what we are, but because we belong to the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment